The School of Social Work is seeking to hire a social work student (BSW or MSW) to provide supportive services for the School of Social Work Community Learning Lab. This position supports the Community Learning Lab Team led by Katie Shumway.
This hourly position begins in July 2021 at approximately 15 hours a week.
- Collecting data
- Entering data into Microsoft Excel and Access Database
- Maintaining professional communication with campus partners, community partners, and students
- Scheduling meetings
- Taking meeting notes
- Assisting with event planning
- Other duties as needed
- Knowledge of the School of Social Work and University of Illinois curriculum, resources, and services.
- Knowledge of the community and social service agencies
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and have advanced skills in Excel
- Friendly, outgoing, positive attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work ethically with confidential information
- Flexible schedule (some evenings/weekends may be required)
- Good academic standing
- Students who are in their internship in the fall 2021 semester are not eligible to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to: Attn: Katie Shumway to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2021.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu