- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of personal attributes that are suitable for the profession of social work
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better for the last sixty (60) semester hours or ninety (90) quarter hours of coursework
- Experience in human services (paid, volunteer, research and/or internship)
- Twenty hours of social and behavioral sciences, humanities, and biological sciences
- GRE is not required
International Applicants Must Also Include:
- TOEFL score of at least 611 Toefl PBT; 254 Toefl CBT; 103 Toefl iBT; 7.0 in all areas IELTS
- Declaration of Finances Form
NOTE: Meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission.
You must upload all materials to the Graduate College Application and mail official transcripts to the School of Social Work.
- Graduate College Application
- Three (3) letters of reference (must be academic and/or professional in nature). Letters of Reference are part of the online Graduate College Application.
- Resume- This should include relevant education, volunteer, and work experience. The completed resume should be uploaded to the Graduate College Application under the “statement” section.
- School of Social Work Personal Statement– This document must be uploaded to the Graduate College Application under the “statement” section where it says, “Please describe your previous academic work in your proposed field of study…”
- School of Social Work Application Information Statement– To be completed and uploaded to the Graduate College Application under the “Program – Specific Questions” section. THIS MUST BE DOWNLOADED AND SAVED TO YOUR COMPUTER PRIOR TO YOU OPENING IT AND COMPLETING THE FORM. If it isn’t saved first your information will not be saved.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Mail directly to the School of Social Work (1010 W. Nevada St. Urbana IL 61801).
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 15, 2017. ADMISSION DECISIONS WILL BE RELEASED MID-MARCH.