Inter-College Transfer Student Application
Students who are currently enrolled in another major or classified as undeclared at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign can apply to the School of Social Work as an Inter-College Transfer (ICT).
Deadlines and Requirements
To be guaranteed consideration for the Spring term, you must apply by October 15. To be guaranteed consideration for the Fall term, you must apply by March 1. The School of Social Work may consider ICT applications after this date if the applicant specifically requests consideration for an earlier term.
ICT students must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission into the BSW program:
- Volunteer* or paid work experience in a social service agency prior to beginning the program is not required but is strongly encouraged.
- Cumulative minimum GPA 2.5 or higher
- Evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of personal attributes that are suitable for the profession of social work
- Successful completion of the application process for professional program entry
ICT School of Social Work applicants must complete the BSW application below.
* Volunteer hours can be completed through service learning projects completed for course requirements as well as through volunteer experiences with community organizations. The Community Learning Lab and The Office of Volunteer Programs are good sources for ideas on how to get involved.
Experiential Learning Fee
One of the unique features of the Bachelors of Social Work major is providing innovative programs and experiential learning opportunities. These intensive educational programs are a hallmark of social work education and distinguish our students as well prepared for success in the professional workforce as well as graduate and professional study.
The experiential learning fee is assessed to all Bachelor of Social Work majors to help cover part of the extensive faculty resources required to provide enriched social work learning opportunities. A one-time fee of $750 will be charged to BSW students once the student has earned 60-89.9 in progress hours; including transfer hours.