Become a Field Education Site
Assist us in training the next generation of social workers by partnering with the School for a mutually beneficial experience that supports the mission of your organization, helps better communities, and prepares our students to make a world of difference.
Details about partnerships
How does it work?
The School offers a unique internship structure in which students complete all coursework prior to entering their internship. This is called a Block Placement and allows the student to become fully immersed in the internship. BSW (generalist) students complete a one semester internship, working four days per week and MSW (clinical/macro) students complete a one or two semester internship, depending on their undergraduate degree. MSW students work 4-5 days per week in the internship, depending upon the semester in which they are interning.
Our field education faculty makes all introductions between our partner sites and students and helps to facilitate interview opportunities. Once a site and student have come to an agreement, the field office provides ongoing support throughout the internship.
What can students contribute to your organization?
Examples of possible MSW learning experiences:
- Clinical assessments/evaluations
- Treatment planning
- Therapeutic intervention with individuals, groups and families
- Program development
- Networking with stakeholders and their organizations
- Community organizing
Examples of possible BSW learning experiences:
- Assessing a client or community’s needs
- Empowering clients, communities and systems of all sizes
- Contacting and utilizing community resources
- Crisis intervention and supportive counseling under the supervision of clinician
- Conducting interviews with individuals, families, and systems of all sizes
- Implementing and evaluating effectiveness of interventions and/or programs
- Keeping concise and accurate records
- Managing a workload/case manager
Interested in becoming an internship site?
We’d love to speak with you.
Complete the form below and a member of the Field Education team will contact you to explore this possibility.