Employee Awards for Excellence
The University of Illinois School of Social Work annually acknowledges faculty and staff who have gone above and beyond their responsibilities to benefit the culture of the School. The list of awards and recipients is below.
Dean’s Prize for Innovation and Collaboration
This prize recognizes team initiatives by faculty and/or staff in innovative projects that have the potential to improve outcomes in the School and provide significant, sustainable impact. It acknowledges successful projects in three areas of improvement: systems, processes, and programs; service delivery; or technology. The goal is to reward collaboration around new ideas and to recognize those who have explored solutions beyond traditional administrative boundaries and/or implemented ground-breaking methods which improve the spirit of innovation and cooperation across the School.
- 2023 Recipients: Office of Student Affairs- Monica Cherry, Sharva Hampton-Campbell, Aaron Surratt, Rileigh Kilgore, Erin Cockrum, and Jeremy Bobbitt.
- 2022 Recipients: Rural Social Work Initiative- Janet Liechty, Andrea Harris, Mary Maurer, and Hellen McDonald
- 2021 Recipients: Amy Frederick, Tony Hillen, Jeanette Long, and Becky Ponder
- 2020 Recipient: Karen Tabb
Excellence in Mentoring and/or Advising
The nomination should address sustained excellence and innovation in mentoring practices, and/or advising. These efforts may be related to guiding student research and/or facilitating or enhancing the professional development of students.
- 2023 Recipient: Janet Liechty
- 2022 Recipient: Rachel Garthe
- 2021 Recipient: Janet Carter-Black
- 2020 Recipient: Teresa Ostler
- 2019 Recipient: Chi-Fang Wu
Excellence in Public Engagement
This award recognizes those who engage the public to address critical societal issues. The contribution may be conducted as an employee of the School of Social Work or as an extracurricular activity.
- 2022 Recipient: Kevin Tan
- 2021 Recipient: Liliane Windsor
- 2020 Recipient: Amy Frederick
- 2019 Recipient: Karen Tabb
Excellence in Teaching and Pedagogical Practices
The award recognizes sustained excellence in teaching, innovation in pedagogical practices, and contributions to professional teaching-learning beyond classroom instruction.
- 2023 Recipient: Melissa Iverson
- 2022 Recipient: Valerie Cintron
- 2021 Recipient: Sandie Kopels
- 2020 Recipient: Carol Wilson-Smith
- 2019 Recipient: Janet Carter-Black
Outstanding Administrative Staff Award
This award recognizes administrative staff for outstanding accomplishments and service to the School of Social Work and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- 2023 Recipients: Crystal Watson and Latrice Ware
- 2022 Recipient: Amy Hiles
- 2021 Recipient: Cheryl Street
- 2020 Recipient: Tony Hillen
- 2019 Recipient: Sandy Bruce
Adjunct Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
This award recognizes sustained excellence in teaching and pedagogical practices that result in an overall positive impact on student learning.
- 2023 Recipient: Libby Houston